It’s that time of the year again – when you have to complete your Return of Earnings (ROE) or W.As.8. It is basically a declaration to the Compensation Fund of your employees’ earnings for the past year – in this case from 1 March 2019 to 29 February 2020 (the same as the tax year). In addition, you also need to provide projected earnings for the next year.
Thobile Lamati, Director -General of the Department of Labour, has issued a Government Gazette, 43104 on 18/03/2020.
This notice has two purposes:
- Although the official deadline is 31 March, this has been extended to 31 May. The Compensation Fund has issued a notice to employers to extend the due date for the annual W.As.8 returns. The submission period will commence on 1 April 2020 and ends on 31 May 2020. Penalties and interest will be raised on late submissions.
- The 2020 tariffs of assessment as reflected on form W.As 178T as well as the minimum assessment of R1 296.00 for 2020.
Despite repeated requests from the PAGSA, the Compensation Benefits Directorate has still not issued a Gazette in terms of section 83(8) of the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act to specify the earnings threshold for the 2020/2021 year of assessment.
ALL QPS Clients – Please inform your payroll administrator/consultant the subclass classification/rate or the individual rate of the assessment once you have submitted your return to update payroll accordingly for the correct provision for the 2020/2021 year of assessment.
Please see attached official notices and the print screen below from the eServices DoL Website:
Due to the Financial year-end, The ROE Online submission and Employer Registration functionalities are temporarily unavailable
The functionalities will be back online on the 1 April 2020
Did you know that QPS can:
- Register you for COIDA?
- Submit your Annual W.As8 (Annual Return of Earnings) on your behalf?
- Make payment of your return and
- Apply for a certificate of Good Standing?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org today for a quote.
To access the online system where the return must be submitted, click here.
As always, we at QPS try to make your life easier, and you are able to download a report from our system that will help you to complete your W.As.8 and allow you to make the necessary projections.